We’re really excited to be announcing another new part-time / freelance role for a designer/maker to join the Paperknots team. It’s a position that has been advertised before and that has been filled by some wonderful creatives (some of whom are still part of the team) but with the nature of freelance, people do come and go. Although the position we are looking to fill will start as a freelance / part time role, we are very keen to make this a more permanent position should the right candidate come along.
If a day spent working with stylish stationery, fabulous brands, design-led graphics and all sorts of wonderful materials to get your creative hands on sounds like your dream job, then this role is made for you!
In an ideal world you’ll be a designer/maker that can hop from designing stunning logos or laying out contemporary brochures to getting your ‘craft on’ assembling beautiful wedding stationery or styling work for shoots and social media. If your skills lie in just one of those areas (but are pretty impressive) then the role could be spilt between you and another – we don’t want to miss out on awesome creatives just because you feel you don’t tick every box. Once the role evolves into something more permanent, you’ll be handling some clients by yourself, so bad-ass organisational skills with a professional attitude (office antics excepted) and a cool head under pressure will keep the boss lady very happy! :)
The perfect candidate will have had some experience in a creative working environment and is able to juggle multiple jobs throughout a fast-paced day. The role would be a good fit for someone of a Junior-Midweight level. Pay is to be discussed with suitable applicants and will reflect your relative skills and abilities.
Designer Skills and Responsibilities:
– Design assisting for new and existing graphic design clients
– Editing wedding stationery house collections for new customer orders
– Assisting with new Paperknots products and bespoke stationery projects
– Compiling sample packs and wedding orders to send to clients (on occasion)
– Communication with customers about their orders
– Creating, checking and sending artwork for print
– Competent in Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator/Photoshop/InDesign)
Maker Skills and Responsibilities:
– Overall quality control of print and materials
– Assembling all wedding stationery orders (and packing) ready to send to clients
– Assisting with any general hand-making or craft projects for things such as photoshoots
– Compiling wedding sample packs and fulfilling sample orders
– If you have a knowledge of Creative Suite we may also be able to look at extending your duties to editing wedding stationery house collections for new customer orders (big plus!)
Bonus skills (not essential but an awesome plus!)
– Illustration (by hand or on computer)
– Calligraphy / Lettering
– Keen eye for styling
– Writing (for potential blog posts)
– WordPress knowledge
– be self-motivated with a can-do attitude
– have passion for creativity and DIY
– be a details perfectionist with a love for the ‘little things’
– be able to travel to a SW London studio (compulsory)
– Show strong organisational skills with the ability to multitask and manage time wisely
If this sounds like the role for you and you’re excited as we are about the opportunity to be part of the Paperknots team, we’d love to hear from you!
To apply please email Lisa at email@example.com
Please include your cover letter/email , CV, and any links to an online portfolio or attach examples of previous work (the work samples are very important for selecting the short list). Alternatively if you document your creativeness on social media, feel free to send us those details too.
Subject Line: Creative Assistant Applicant – YOUR NAME
**STRICTLY NO AGENCIES THANKS**
Applicant date closes 1st April 2017.