We’re really excited to be announcing a new part-time / freelance role for a graphic designer to join the Paperknots team.
Due to increased demand of bookings with our little national award-winning design studio, we are seeking an enthusiastic individual to help work on these exciting projects.
Working alongside Lisa (Creative Director) you’ll be designing for a wide range of clients and industry sectors – anything from creating new business brands or brochures to packaging, cards and stationery. On occasion you’ll be getting your ‘craft on’ working with Claire (Studio Assistant) to help take your designs from initial concept to final production.
The role is for an initial 1-2 day week (depending on your skills) with the hope of it extending to a permanent / full time role. The ideal candidate may have had some experience of agency-life (not essential) or be open to juggling multiple jobs throughout a fast-paced day. The role would be a good fit for someone of a Junior-Midweight level.
Pay is to be discussed with suitable candidates and will reflect your relative skills and abilities.
– Design assisting for new and existing graphic design clients
– Editing wedding stationery house collections for new customer orders
– Assisting with new Paperknots products and bespoke stationery projects
– Compiling sample packs and wedding orders to send to clients (on occasion)
– Communication with customers about their orders (mainly emails)
– Creating, checking and sending artwork for print
– be self-motivated with a can-do attitude
– have passion for design and a vision to challenge the ‘norm’
– be a details perfectionist with a love for the ‘little things’
– be proficient in Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator / InDesign / Photoshop)
– be able to travel to a SW London studio at least once a week
– Show strong organisational skills with the ability to multitask and manage time wisely
Bonus skills (not essential but an awesome plus!)
Illustration (by hand or on computer)
Basic WordPress knowledge
Calligraphy / Lettering
Keen eye for styling
Writing (for potential blog posts)
If this sounds like the role for you and you’re excited as we are about the opportunity to be part of the Paperknots team, we’d love to hear from you!
To apply please email Lisa at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include your cover letter, CV, and a link to an online portfolio or attach examples of previous work.
Subject Line: Designer Role Applicant – YOUR NAME
Applicant date closes March 31st 2016.